Our main aims are to:
- Help parents become more involved in their child’s education and learning;
- Welcome parents as active participants in the life of the school;
- Provide easier ways for parents to express their views and wishes
All parents are automatically members of the Parent Forum and are entitled to have a say in what happens at the school. As a member of the Parent Forum, parents have a say in selecting the Parent Council (the representative body) to work on behalf of all parents at the school.
The role of the Parent Council is to:
- Support the school in its work with pupils;
- Represent the views of all parents;
- Encourage links between the school and the wider community;
- Report back to the Parent Forum.
The Scottish Parliament passed a law called the Scottish Schools (Parental Involvement) Act 2006 to encourage and support more parents to become involved in their children’s education.
For more information on the Parental Involvement Act or to find out about parents as partners in their children’s learning, please contact the school, North Ayrshire Council Educational Services or visit the Parentzone website.
Arran High School Parent Council 2018-19
- Ailsa Currie – Shiskine
- Alison Currie – Shiskine
- Andrea Hammond – Brodick
- Ann MacKay – Lamlash
- Ann Reid – Lamlash
- Barry Smith – Head Teacher
- Calir Reeves – Whiting Bay
- Claire McNiven – Shiskine
- Clare Gilmore – Brodick
- Derek Wilson – Teacher
- Faith McKelvie – Brodick
- Gordon Provan – Whiting Bay
- Greg Hamill – Shiskine
- Gwen McNicol – Brodick
- Ishbel Gordon – Kilmory
- Katie Litton – Whiting Bay
- Lizzie McCarthy – Shiskine
- Susan Foster – Depute Head Teacher
- Suzie Dick – Depute Head Teacher
- Vivien Crichton – Whiting Bay